Making distribute-deb.xml work properly

Josip mentioned that there were some problems with using DocBook/XML for
documentation so I took a quick look at it. The only problem I can find
is the use of an incorrect URL in the doctype. Changing that to this
one makes everything work for me:

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
        "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";>

I still get a bunch of warnings about the mdash entity not being
defined, but that seems to be a docbook problem (I get the same for
other common entities).

Instead of using xsltproc I'm using xmlto, which makes things a bit
more convenient.

I would also suggest using an xslt snippet to make the output a bit
nicer, especially for publising documentation online. Something like
this should work:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
                xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
                version="1.0">

  <!-- Use ids for filenames -->
  <xsl:param name="use.id.as.filename" select="'1'"/>

  <!-- Turn on admonition graphics. -->
  <xsl:param name="admon.graphics" select="'1'"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net>           http://www.wiggy.net/