nsgmls looking for .dcl file

>From my personal notes, for pre-release woody:

/usr/share/sgml/xml-resume-library/dtd/resume.cat references resume.dcl, but
it does not exist.  Causes validation to fail when using onsgmls to validate
from psgml in Emacs.  (Try from command line before submitting bug report.)

I found bug 145607 which is about exactly this.  I created a symlink from
/usr/share/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl to resume.dcl in the same directory as
resume.cat, and the error went away.  Now wait for the bug to be fixed, and
then remove the link if the package does not.

Update: That link caused problems for other SGML processing, e.g.,
DocBook. xml.dcl contains the line "NAMECASE GENERAL NO" which makes element
and entities be treated case sensitively, while most SGML declarations have
"NAMECASE GENERAL YES".  So, to use both SGML and xml-resume-library, keep the
symbolic link to xml.dcl, but remove /etc/sgml/xml-resume-library.cat from
/etc/sgml/catalog (with update-catalog --remove --super
xml-resume-library.cat), and explicitly include
/etc/sgml/xml-resume-library.cat on whatever command line is used.  For
example, "nsgmls -c /etc/sgml/xml-resume-library.cat -wxml -gues foo.xml".

I haven't checked recently to see how much of this is still true.  I just
ended up using DocBook to write a resume.

--
Neil L. Roeth