Re: jade and autoconf

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> I'm running into a problem and I don't see how to fix it, hopefully
> someone here has the necessary clue..
>
> For the dpkg documentation I intend to use a central autoconf-generated
> file which lists all the paths that dpkg is configured with. This
> file can then be included by all DocBook documents.
>
> You can find the current setup in CVS: look at the man/paths.ent.in
> and man/en/dpkg.cfg.5.sgml files.
>
> The problem I have is that things break if I try to generate HTML or
> man manpages from a seperate build directory, since jade will follow
> the relative path for paths.ent from the location of the sgml file
> (which is in the source directory) and not from the current (build)
> directory.
>
> Does anyone know of an approach to solve this problem?

Hmm.  There are a number of approaches:

- don't build in a separate dir, but configure the stylesheets to drop
  the HTML into a different directory. For instance, in a  docbook-xml
  document you can put:

   <book id="manual">
   <?html-dir wco-manual?>

  That will put the split HTML into the wco-manual dir.

- use jade -D <dir> options (multiple if necessary) pointing to the
  source dir -- see the nsgmls man page for more information.