Re: xml catalogs

On , April 9, David N. Welton wrote:

> libxml2 makes use of /etc/xml/catalog, which evidently doesn't exist
> in Debian.  Any ideas of how to go about setting it up in order to
> use it with:
>
> <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
>   "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd";>
>
> Any ideas?

Hi David,

Yes, this is a recognized problem. It's also part of the larger problem of
implementing XML Catalogs in general. I'm not sure what level of support libxml2
provides for the old style SGML catalogs (aka OASIS TR9401:1997). (Daniel??)

However, you should be able to get away with using the SGML catalog system by
using the '--catalog' option to xsltproc. I.e.

  xsltproc --catalog file:///etc/sgml/catalog stylesheet file

In fact, I've been meaning to get to work on this, but have been busy trying to
resurrect the work on XML/SGML component of the LSB spec.

Let me know if the above works. It should.

(BTW, I may be incorrectly assuming that your using libxml2 via xsltproc.)

Cheers,
Mark