Re: SGML validation in emacs

Bob> I don't know how to tell nsgmls what the dtd of the (child) doc
Bob> in the buffer is.

Bob> I have been staring at the man page for nsgmls
Bob> (http://www.jclark.com/sp/nsgmls.htm) trying to figure out how to
Bob> pass that value to nsgmls from its command line, perhaps with
Bob> '-c' or '-C', but I've had no luck. It's hard to believe that
Bob> nsgmls cannot somehow receive the identity of the dtd in use from
Bob> the command line.

I believe you can simply pass multiple input files to nsgmls and they
will be concatenated.  So something like this

nsgmls -gues my_preamble.sgm my_child_doc.sgm

should work, where my_preamble.sgm contains just

<!DOCTYPE child PUBLIC "blah blah blah">

etc.  How to tell emacs to run the validator this way for the child
documents only is another question.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
EngSoc adopts market economy: cheap is wasteful, efficient is expensive.