proposal to split sgml-base

Hi,

Well, it seems I've to do things differently wrt sgml-base.  In the current
setup both conffiles /etc/sgml/catalog and /etc/sgml/transition.cat are
changed in the postinst and prerm scripts of sgml-base which makes forces
them to not be conffiles.  So, we've a catch 22 here.

My proposol for this is to split sgml-base into sgml-common and sgml-base.
The former will contain the setup for the new setup (update-catalog and
/etc/sgml/catalog) and the latter for the old setup (install-sgmlcatalog
and /etc/sgml/transition.cat), with sgml-base depending on sgml-common.
The postinst of sgml-common moves /etc/sgml.catalog to /etc/sgml/transition.cat
and the postinst of sgml-base adds /etc/sgml/transition.cat to the super
catalog /etc/sgml/catalog.  Both can now be conffiles again since neither
are changed in the respective postinst/etc scripts.

Packages moving over to the new setup have to change their dependency from
sgml-base to sgml-common.

Thanks,
Ardo
--