Re: packaging policy questions re new standard

Well, I actually was only referring to versioned directories.

I completely agree with you.  Actually I hadn't thought about it in
the way you describe it, and it indeed doesn't make sense.

We then only have to make sure we keep DTDs and stylesheets in sync,
but I consider that a part of keeping the toolchain working.

So, we deviate from the LSB in two points:

 - allowing both versioned and unversioned directories
 - no minor version numbering in the package name

Thanks,
Ardo

--
Ardo van Rangelrooij