Re: Re[2]: request for XML resources

/ Bob Bernstein <poobah@ruptured-duck.com> was heard to say:
| I think you'll discover a disconnect between Linux/Unix tools and M$ tools.
| Unix is still very SGML-centric (as far as documentation is concerned) if you
| ask me. But if you look at things like _The XML Bible_, you'll see many

That's not an indictment of XML, though. XML lacks some features that
are useful for documentation. And a practical, if imperfect, toolchain
exists for publishing SGML documents. Moving from SGML to XML is just
hard enough to push it down on people's todo lists. Besides, the XML-only
publishing tools aren't as robust as the SGML tools (yet, that will
change) so moving to XML now doesn't gain you anything: you still use
the same SGML tools to publish your XML. (Remember XML *is* SGML.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | What is familiar is what we are used