Re: ITP: xslj, a XSL processor (XSL is one of the stylesheet format of XML)

On Sunday 27 June 1999, at 21 h 27, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
<adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> Anyhow, Stephane, you win and I lose, since the world *has* seem to have
> decided that DSSSL is too wierd (hence the XSL effort, which involves
> many of the major players in DSSSL).

No, no, I didn't win. I'm still unable to write even a XSL stylesheet and I
write all my xml2anything by hand in Perl or in Java.

For the regular user, which can write a few lines of Perl from time to time,
XSL is almost as complicated as DSSSL. The lack of free programs to test it (I
understand better when I see) does not help.

>   * there *are* people working to address the flaws in DSSSL and in
>     jade, and they deserve a hearing, and a chance with an open mind,
>     when and if they produce stuff (see

OK, but many people complained, when I explained them XML, that there was two stylesheets standards (CSS and XSL) and now we have three :-)