libspf2 integer underflow

Hi,

in the course of the current CVEs regarding Exim there is claimed to be
an issue with libspf2. We (the Exim developers) are not sure, if this
is something *we* can on our side. We're not even sure about the
details, as of now we do not have any further information.

But, it *may* be related to this PR: https://github.com/shevek/libspf2/pull/44/files
An individual "simon" told so in the #Exim IRC channel on librachat.

Do you see any chance to check this? And, if necessary, to release a
security update too?

If it turns out to be an issue, what do you think, should we at least
notify oss-security on that, to help other distros to fixing it?

Abstract of the knowledge we have so far:

ZDI-23-1472 | ZDI-CAN-17578 | CVE-2023-42118 | Exim Bug 3032