Re: What is the best free HIDS for Debian

Hi All

I have been following this discussion with some interest.

I have few questions, which all go to

1. what behaviour leads the syetem owner/manager to believe that there is a security issue at play here?
2. how old is the syusytem in question?
3. have there been manual tools installs done on the system?
4. Has the system been fully updated/upgraded?
5. have we eliminated other causes of file mismatch - bad/incomplete
updates, corrupted HDD, bad RAM, user error ?
6. finally - does the debcheckroot tool look at the security distribution archive as well as the
main debian archive? There are times where packages are updated in the
security archive, but not reflected in mailine

Cheers
Tomasz

--
Tomasz M. Ciolek