Re: package for security advice

On Saturday, 7 March 2020 11:39:05 PM AEDT vince@vheuser.com wrote:
> Isn't this what Tiger does?
>
> apt-cache search tiger
>
> tiger - Report system security vulnerabilities
> tiger-otheros - Scripts to run Tiger in other operating systems

Tiger is something that the tool I'm proposing could suggest or recommend.
Thanks for mentioning Tiger, it's something I need to include in this.

But Tiger is just covering part of it.  I want to have a central place for
recommending security improvements covering a variety of configuration issues,
the vast majority of which won't be vulnerabilities.  One of the aims is to
have a hardened configuration that is less likely to have problems in the face
of unexpected future security issues.