Re: Have I caught a firmware attack in the act? Or am I just paranoid?

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
I suspect statesman of many nations have made similar declarators.

Why is privacy almost complete gone (IMHO) ...
1. The strange need to post the most  intimate  details of ones life on Social Media.
2. No one is afraid of anything, but there is a complete lack of bravery.
3. The detestable need for 'me' to know any and all information about 'you', and the self-rationalization that it is OK..

I have only seen intelligence visiting my home when I left an offline computer around with HDD.

If you feel safe answering: what country was this in?  Your name and time zone suggest Germany/Austria/Switzerland, which I wouldn't have thought of as the kind of places that do this.

With the amendment of the StPO 2017, the German Bundestag created a legal basis for the widespread use of these so-called Statetrojans[¹]

More states have laws that let they spy citizen with trojans. This cause our device/software to be less secure and the same backdoor can be used also by others. Also when data is collected is also accessible by people who work directly/indirectly and some of these can use that data (sell/send to others/read for himself/...)

Ciao
Davide

[¹]
https://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/state-spyware-german-court-permits-restricted-online-surveillance-a-538094.html