Why no security support for binutils? What to do about it?

Hi,

there is no security support for binutils in debian stable
(buster). Given the importance of binutils this seems to me to be a real
problem.

I searched quite some time for reasons for this strange fact, but while
I found many references to the fact, I didn't find any explanation for
the reasons for it. Can anybody explain to me, why binutils isn't
covered or point me to a source giving an authoritative explanation?

More importantly: What are we as debian users meant to do given the
lacking security support? What is the best way to supplant the lacking
security support?

Thanks a lot in advance

Andreas