Question. How to track Source Code Patches?

Hi, Debian Gurus.

I often receive emails of debian security update.

Because I enrolled my email address on debian-security-announce…

If I'd like to check changes of some packages about source codes,

Do I need to visit debian Version control system like a alioth??

(alioth.debian.org or anonscm.debian.org)

So, I looked into the vcs site.

But, I feel it's difficult to find patched or changed source codes related to the security update

I also wonder that how to decide to adjust patches of an upstream repository.

Best Regards

Junghwan Kang