Re: Will Packaging BoringSSL Bring Any Trouble to the Security Team?

The Android SDK is really probably more like Eclipse.  About 5 years of
support, they are still maintaining Android 2.3.3 to some degree and
that's at least 5 years old.
https://android.stackexchange.com/a/84816

Also, the security profile is relatively low risk for the Android SDK in
general:

* mostly various user utilities
* no setuid or special permissions
* only one daemon-like thing, adb, with no net access by default
* a good chunk is just files on the filesystem (e.g. libs for Android apps)

.hc

Hans-Christoph Steiner: