Re: Changing the "Reply-To:" for debian-security-announce (Was: "[SECURITY] [DSA 3501-1] perl security update")

I'll second this motion.

A good proportion of the traffic I get from debian-security
is simply silly people trying to unsubscribe themselves from
debian-security-announce by replying to DSAs.

And while most of them do not respond with empty threats of spam,
the policy of setting the "Reply-To" mail header in DSAs to
"debian-security@lists.debian.org" has certainly generated it's share
of garbage.

So I have to ask: Why *are* the lists set up this way?
Does anybody know?

If nobody knows, or if the reason no longer makes sense,
what is the opinion of the list in general about changing
the policy?

Any comments from listmaster@lists.debian.org?

--

Attached is my PGP public key.
Primary key fingerprint: B7C7 AD66 D9AF 4348 0238  168E 2C53 D8FA 55D8 9FD9

If you have a PGP key (and a minute to spare)
please send it in reply to this email.

If you have no idea what PGP is, feel free
to ignore all this gobbledegook.