Re: about bash and Debian Lenny

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez un jour écrivit:
Maybe your http client is unable to understand Content-Encoding: gzip ?

I downloaded the files from the provided location with Links2 web
browser. The file bash_3.2-4+deb5u1.dsc was a gzipped file. After
decompressing it became standard .dsc file.

I don't know what is wrong with your setup, but I'm not able to reproduce that.

$ wget http://people.igalia.com/clopez/bash-shellshock-lenny/bash_3.2-4+deb5u1.dsc

Of course you can't as you didn't even tried to reproduce it using the same application (here links2).

That said, both links and links2 on Debian stable seems to work fine. As stated, it is probably an issue related with "Content-Encoding: gzip" or a user mistake.

If it can be reproduced, it should probably be talked about on the links2 BTS page instead of here. In any case, bash_3.2-4+deb5u1.dsc is fine AFAIK.

Simon Valiquette