Re: about bash and Debian Lenny

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 02:28:17PM +0300, Nikolay Hristov wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I know that this is outdated debian release and it is in the archives but I
> still have 6 servers running Lenny and I don't want to upgrade them to newer
> versions for several reasons.
> Any chance that we will get official debian package for Lenny? I'm sure that
> I'm not the only one with such problem. I don't want to use deb packages
> from different sources because I cannot trust them.
>
> Shellshock has such big impact on the internet so please give us Lenny
> package.

You're doing this the wrong way - as others have already said, upgrade your
server to a supported release.

That said... have a look at this thread on oss-security for some suggestions
of easy-to-understand binary patches that will remove the vulnerable feature:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2014/09/29/1
http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2014/09/29/6