Re: Checking for services to be restarted on a default Debian installation

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote:

On Wed, Sep 03 2014, Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 01:41:05PM -0700, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote:
This package is "Priority: optional", and therefore not installed by
default.  What about just making it "important" or "required"?

On my system it pulled in more than 20MB of dependencies. That's a lot
to push onto every debian system.

Is 20MB really a lot?  That seems like essentially nothing to me
nowadays.  I'm in the middle of a 2.2GB upgrade right now.

jamie.

I just installed alpine as my plain text email client and that fits in less than 8MB of dependencies altogether.

The checkrestart utility weighing 20MB can probably be fixed.