Re: Debians security features in comparison to Ubuntu

On 16.05.2014 22:38, herzogbrigitte1@t-online.de wrote:
> Hello there,

Hi

There is some info

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html#hardening

http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/ubuntu-and-debian

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebianImportFreeze

Practically Ubuntu is snapshot of Debian testing with some Debian
unstable packages with unity desktop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_%28user_interface%29

I think at with security related there are very little of differencies
and most in case you can quite easily enable security mechanics to
Debian if some is enabled default at Ubuntu but not in Wheezy.

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/index.en.html

There are some differencies root vs sudo, but i think at overall
security level is quite same, but Ubuntu's universe repo isn't same
level at quality as Ubuntu's main. I think at Debian owns bigger high
quality repos than Ubuntu, but Ubuntu have newer packages, but for me
Wheezy is enough bleeding edge even with desktop.

Yes i know there lot of differnt opions about stable and desktop use,
but for me i am quite satisfied today's policy which upgrades browser's,
firmwares at timely manner.

Regards, Riku