Re: MIT discovered issue with gcc

On 25/11/2013 12:15 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Well, my best guess is that this is going to be considered "upstream issues"
> by the majority of the package maintainers, and thus they won't get much
> attention downstream (in Debian) until they start causing large headaches.

That's my greatest worry, it will almost always be someone else's problem.

When the problems extend right up to the kernel, it is a worry; if the
programming practices that give these results are normal and desired
though, the compiler needs to be *fixed* .... or a simpler fix might be
just to recompile without letting the errant behaviour occur, but alas,
from this thread (as you would expect), it isn't that simple. :(

> So, yes, users should be concerned (but not alarmed).

Cheers
A.