Re: Cannot find wheezy package in archives for Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 2661-1] xorg-server security update

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:45:39PM +0200, deb@elaan.dds.nl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot find the wheezy packages for this update in the archives.
> I've checked the Packages.gz files on my local mirror
> (ftp.nl.debian.org), on the central repo (ftp.debian.org) and on
> security.debian.org. The first 2 contain Packages.gz files that
> point to the old version of the package (2:1.12.4-5);
> security.debian.org does not have xserver-xorg-core in its
> Packages.gz file at all. I checked the wheezy/binary-amd64 versions
> of the Packages.gz files, as that is the one I need on my system.
> Also, packages.debian.org lists 2:1.12.4-5 as the latest version of
> this package for both sid/unstable and wheezy/testing.
>
> Usually the packages are available as soon as the mail announcement
> of the DSA is sent. Am I too inpatient, or is something wrong.
>
> Please cc me on replies, as I'm not subscribed to the list.

xorg-server 2:1.12.4-6 has not reached Wheezy yet:

jmw@franck:~$ grep-excuses xorg-server
xorg-server (2:1.12.4-5 to 2:1.12.4-6)
    Maintainer: Debian X Strike Force
    Too young, only 0 of 10 days old
    Not touching package due to block-udeb request by freeze (contact debian-release if update is needed)
    Ignoring block request by freeze, due to unblock request by adsb
    Not considered

Decoding that: it has been unblocked, but has not had an ack from the
debian-installer release manager yet. It must also reach an age of 10 days
before it will be considered.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
            8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
			layered on top of bonghits