Re: security updates using ftp

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011, Nelson Last wrote:

> deb ftp://130.89.149.226/debian squeeze main
> deb ftp://128.31.0.36/debian-security/ squeeze/updates main

Please realize that none of this is guaranteed to remain working.

We might derotate servers from dns when they fall behind or provide
wrong data, or we might retired them or we might repurpose them.

The DNS will point to servers providing the services, but the actual IP
addresses might change (and regularly do).

The proper fix is to kick your networking people so that deb
http://security.d.o and friends work.