Re: [Squeeze] ip6tables-save syntax

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 08:32:00PM +0100, Kees de Jong wrote:
> I'm running Debian Squeeze and I want to save my ip6table configuration
> with the iptables-persistent tool.

I'm the maintainer of iptables-persistent. You should be aware that there
are some outstanding bugs that I haven't had time to deal with yet, see the
BTS.

> To save an ipv4 table I use 'iptables-save > /etc/iptables/rules', the
> configuration file 'rules' is already there for the use of ipv4.
> But there is no ipv6 config file, so I don't know what the correct
> syntax is of the ipv6 configuration file when I want to save it with
> ip6tables-save.
> In Debian Testing there are respective defaults for ipv4 and ipv6 in the
> tool iptables-persistent named: rules.v4 and rules.v6
>
> Can someone point me to the correct syntax of the file? So that
> ip6tables is restored on a cold start in a proper way.
> An entry like 'ip6tables-restore < /etc/iptables/rules6'
> in /etc/rc.local would be an ugly solution.

Either ip6tables-save > /etc/iptables/rules.v6 or dpkg-reconfigure
iptables-persistent will save your currently running rules to where the
init script expects to find them.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51