Re: aptitude upgrade vs. apt-get upgrade

Piotr Drozdek wrote:
> Dnia 2011-03-31, o godz. 20:11:40
> Thomas Hungenberg <th+lists-debian@demonium.de> napisał(a):
>
>> Piotr Drozdek wrote:
>> > Show me results of
>> > apt-cache policy tex-common
>>
>> tex-common:
>>   Installed: 2.08
>>   Candidate: 2.08.1
>>   Version table:
>>      2.08.1 0
>>         500 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main i386
>> Packages *** 2.08 0
>>         500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main i386
>> Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>>

>> > dpkg --get-selections |grep tex-common
>>
>> tex-common                                      install
>>

>>    - Thomas
>>

> Everything looks fine. Candidate is a new version.
> Do upgrade by typing:
>
> apt-get update
> aptitude full-upgrade

Interesting... 'aptitude full-upgrade' works:

# aptitude -s full-upgrade
  bind9-host dnsutils libbind9-60 libdns69 libisc62 libisccc60 libisccfg62 liblwres60
tex-common
9 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

but 'aptitude update' misses the security update for 'tex-common':

# aptitude -s upgrade
  bind9-host dnsutils libbind9-60 libdns69 libisc62 libisccc60 libisccfg62 liblwres60
8 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

I just noticed that the package 'tex-common' is marked 'id' in aptitude:

# aptitude search tex-common
id  tex-common          - common infrastructure for building and installing TeX

Maybe this is the reason?
There are dozens of other packages marked 'id', like debian-keyring, strace, ...
I don't think this was the case before the upgrade from lenny to squeeze.

    - Thomas