Re: aptitude upgrade vs. apt-get upgrade

Dnia 2011-04-01, o godz. 10:30:40
Thomas Hungenberg <th+lists-debian@demonium.de> napisał(a):

> Piotr Drozdek wrote:
> > Dnia 2011-03-31, o godz. 20:11:40
> > Thomas Hungenberg <th+lists-debian@demonium.de> napisał(a):

> >> tex-common:
> >>   Installed: 2.08
> >>   Candidate: 2.08.1
> >>   Version table:
> >>      2.08.1 0
> >>         500 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main i386
> >> Packages *** 2.08 0
> >>         500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main i386
> >> Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

> >> tex-common                                      install
> >>

> >>    - Thomas
> >>

> > Everything looks fine. Candidate is a new version.
> > Do upgrade by typing:
> >
> > apt-get update
> > aptitude full-upgrade
>
> Interesting... 'aptitude full-upgrade' works:
>
> # aptitude -s full-upgrade
>   bind9-host dnsutils libbind9-60 libdns69 libisc62 libisccc60
> libisccfg62 liblwres60 tex-common
> 9 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not
> upgraded.
>
> but 'aptitude update' misses the security update for 'tex-common':
>
> # aptitude -s upgrade
>   bind9-host dnsutils libbind9-60 libdns69 libisc62 libisccc60
> libisccfg62 liblwres60 8 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to
> remove and 1 not upgraded.
>

> I just noticed that the package 'tex-common' is marked 'id' in
> aptitude:
>
> # aptitude search tex-common
> id  tex-common          - common infrastructure for building and
> installing TeX
>
> Maybe this is the reason?
> There are dozens of other packages marked 'id', like debian-keyring,
> strace, ... I don't think this was the case before the upgrade from
> lenny to squeeze.
>

>     - Thomas

I don't have any packages with 'id' status in my system. I don't know
what they mean. Maybe somebody can help?

But - to resolve your problem: can you just do this upgrade (8 packages)
now?
And upgrade tex-common manually:
aptitude install tex-common=2.08.1

--