Re: aptitude upgrade vs. apt-get upgrade

Dnia 2011-03-31, o godz. 14:49:19
Thomas Hungenberg <th+lists-debian@demonium.de> napisał(a):

> Hi,
>
> since upgrading from lenny to squeeze, I've noticed several times
> that aptitude does not install all available security updates whereas
> apt-get does.
>
> Currently, this looks like:
>
> # aptitude -s upgrade
>   bind9-host dnsutils libbind9-60 libdns69 libisc62 libisccc60
> libisccfg62 liblwres60 8 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to
> remove and 1 not upgraded.
>
> # apt-get -s upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
>   bind9-host dnsutils libbind9-60 libdns69 libisc62 libisccc60
> libisccfg62 liblwres60 tex-common
> 9 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>
> What's the reason for this?
>
>    - Thomas

Show me results of
apt-cache policy tex-common
dpkg --get-selections |grep tex-common

"8 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not
upgraded."

aptitude knows about tex-common, but because of some reason it not
making an upgrade. You should check maybe you hold the status of that
package in aptitude:
aptitude unhold tex-common

--
Regards,