Re: aptitude upgrade vs. apt-get upgrade

Hi,

2011/3/31 Riku Valli <riku.valli@vallit.fi>:

> apt-get is now preferred method over aptitude at Squeeze. However at
> Lenny aptitude is preferred over apt-get.
>
> You should use apt-get with Squeeze and aptitude with Lenny.

It is recommended on the release-notes for the upgrade from lenny to squeeze.
Aptitude should just work fine on squeeze.

>>> # aptitude -s upgrade
>>> The following packages will be upgraded:
>>>   bind9-host dnsutils libbind9-60 libdns69 libisc62 libisccc60
>>> libisccfg62 liblwres60
>>> 8 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
>>>
>>> # apt-get -s upgrade
>>> Reading package lists... Done
>>> Building dependency tree
>>> Reading state information... Done
>>> The following packages will be upgraded:
>>>   bind9-host dnsutils libbind9-60 libdns69 libisc62 libisccc60
>>> libisccfg62 liblwres60
>>> tex-common
>>> 9 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>>>
>>> What's the reason for this?

Can you check which it is the status of tex-common, is it held by any
reason? aptitude frontend it is very good to find out such things.

In anycase, I believe this conversation belongs to debian-user@l.d.o
and not debian-security@l.d.o

Best regards,
--