Re: some feedback about security from the user's point of view

Hi all,

Another indicator that I believe should be taken care into
consideration, is the fact that Microsoft is using SHA256 or better in
all new application for a while now. They do have a post [1] in their
Secure Development Lifecycle blog stating their stance regarding
cryptography and banning certain algorithms and the reasoning behind
some decisions (albeit a watered-down one). Regardless of one's views
for Microsoft (I personally do not use any of their products), I believe
that one should see what others in the are doing

[1]
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sdl/archive/2009/07/16/banned-crypto-and-the-sdl.aspx