Re: squirrelmail package in lenny

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 at 23:20, Benjamin Vetter wrote:
> the squirrelmail package allows you to use the old etch php4 package, though
> there is no php4 within lenny.

$ apt-cache dump | grep -B2 '^     File.*/status'

Package: php4-common
 Version: 6:4.4.4-8+etch6
     File: /var/lib/dpkg/status

...lists all packages only referenced in the "status" file, but are not
listed in the Packages files of your repositories.

> therefore, the php package won't get updated, ever.

Well, it's one thing to keep PHP4 around and squirrelmail (and probably)
others wil happily continue to work, but yes - it doesn't make sense to me
when the squirrelmail package page lists:

   depends on ... or php4 - Package not available.

Maybe you could open a bug to remove this obsolete dependency?

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #234:

Someone is broadcasting pygmy packets and the router doesn't know how to deal with them.