Re: How safely to stop using backports repo?

In <[🔎] 4a201c37.20018e0a.51f2.6c30@mx.google.com>, sthu.deus@gmail.com wrote:
>>It will print the list of installed packages which have "~bpo" in their
>>names -- a common substring usually found in packages from
>>backports.org.
>
>You say "usually"...

Well, I think it is backports policy to always have ~bpo in their version.

See http://www.backports.org:80/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute "Basic Rule"
4.

It both identifies the package and ensures that the version is testing is
considered 'higher'.  1.2-3~bpo < 1.2-3, according to dpkg.