Re: How safely to stop using backports repo?

sthu.deus@gmail.com wrote:

> Is there a automatic way that can give me a list of the packages came
> from backports repo?

If backports is still in the sources.list:

aptitude -F %p search ~S~i~Alenny-backports or
aptitude -F %p search ~S~i~OBackports.org or...

Ooops, after comparing both results I realized that I still have the
old debian-backports-keyring from etch-backports installed ;)
So I refined my preferences to

Package: *
Pin: origin www.backports.org
Pin-Priority: 777

which upgrades already installed packages but doesn't install all packages
from backports when doing an aptitude safe-upgrade (I'm using such an odd
Pin-Priority to distinguish my own preferences clearly in apt-cache policy).

btw: The reference for the search patterns is included in the package
aptitude-doc-en (and a few other language codes).

Bye,
Manne