Re: Linux infected ?

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 08:38:06AM -0200, Rodrigo Hashimoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I received a file via e-mail and tried to open it, then the iceweasel did
> nothing. I tried again and I realized the iceweasel was trying to user the
> "wine" to open a file ".com". Then I run the command "file" and I realized
> this is king of a virus to Windows and not Linux.
>
> This is a security risk to my debian lenny ?
>
> --
> Rodrigo Hashimoto

First of all, why did you open a file, which you obviously don't trust?
This is a very serious error. Same thing considers emails from unknown
senders.

I beleive that isn't security risk for you, but next time don't click
those viruses. If you want to know what kind of malware it was use for
example:

http://anubis.iseclab.org/
http://virusscan.jotti.org/

Maybe your client is configured to open win32 binaries in wine, which in
my opinion isn't very smart thing to do, because of these cases.

---
Henri Salo