Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1704-1] New xulrunner packages fix several vulnerabilities

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 07:46:12 +0100
Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> (15/01/2009):
> > > (without any deb-src) It looks like the following does what you want:
> > >
> > > Works for me with blender, xulrunner, graphviz as source package names.
>
> Bleh. Needed sleep :)
>
> Make “-F Package” become “-F Source”. Unfortunately, if a binary package
> is built from a source package with the same name, it isn't printed.
> E.g.  “grep-status -sPackage -F Source graphviz” won't return graphviz,
> even if it's installed, so you'll have to add a special-case.
>
> Using --exact-match should help. What about the following?
> | grep-status -X -sPackage -F Source $p; grep-status -X -sPackage -F Package $p

Thanks.  This prints the packages built from the given source package,
but it doesn't distinguish between those that are actually installed on
the system, and those that are merely available in the cache.  It's not
a big deal to just check them all one by one, but now that you've given
me the clue, I would modify your command to (using some of the shorthand
mentioned in the man page and adding -n to just print the package
names):

grep-status -X -n -sPackage -S $p -a -F Status -r '^install'

This seems to do what I want; thanks for the help,

Celejar