Re: Scalable Debian vulnerability tracking

I have a package that we have been working on for a while that might be
a good starting point. It tracks information about several machines,
storing them in a central repository. There is a client piece installed
on each machine which runs on a cron job, and currently e-mails the
results to one or more centralized servers. I wrote it with the idea in
mind that other transport agencies could be used, however.

The server piece is a php app w/MySQL backend that allows reporting,
including ad-hoc reports. The other functions such as maintenance
tracking would probably not be of interest to you, but those are just
modules that can be disabled (in the new version we're working on). The
UI is primitive and ugly.

Again, the package is pretty primitive, but has been tested on a dozen
Debian servers and two Fedora servers over the past year. It has one
report that would be of interest to you that retrieves the current
version of a package installed on all (or some) machines.

This is gpl'd, and I would be happy to supply the .deb, the source tree
or svn access if you would like to look at it.

You can see some very, very outdated documentation at
http://wiki.linuxservertech.com/index.php/Sysinfo. That documentation is
 is about one major version behind, and the links are to the older
version. I'm making some big changes right now.

Rodo (at this domain to email directly)