Re: sendmail & localhost rDNS

If sendmail would do a double lookup verify on the reverse DNS records,
there would be no problem at all.

When some obscure IP address has reverse DNS pointer record "localhost"
and sendmail would do another lookup to see what IP address belongs to
"localhost", then it would not match (obscure IP != 127.0.0.1) and the
access DB rule should not be valid for this connection.

Could someone from the Debian security team do some test and check if
sendmail does the double lookup verify? If not, a DSA would be
appropriate and it should be patched.

With kind regards,

Michiel Klaver
IT professional