Re: sendmail & localhost rDNS

Re,

Jan de Groot wrote:
On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 14:03 +0200, Thomas Liske wrote:
if an access line like:

Connect:localhost               RELAY

turns a MTA into an Open Relay than I would prefere a DSA, since the
ACL implementation is broken IMHO.

As long as reverse DNS can be faked, I would never use hostnames in my
configuration files like that. If the debian package doesn't ship with
this ACL as default, I don't see reason for a DSA.

the problem is even more worse. Replacing localhost with 127.0.0.1 as suggested by Lupe Christoph doesn't change anything. I can still relay if my reverse DNS resolves to localhost.

Regards,
Thomas

--
support@ibh.de                              Tel. +49 351 477 77 30
www.ibh.de                                  Fax  +49 351 477 77 39

Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Liske
Netzwerk- und System-Design

IBH IT-Service GmbH                         Amtsgericht Dresden
Gostritzer Str. 61-63                       HRB 13626
D-01217 Dresden                             GF: Prof. Dr. Thomas Horn
Germany                                     VAT DE182302907
Ihr Partner für: LAN, WAN IP-Quality, Security, VoIP, SAN, Backup, USV
       professioneller IT-Service - kompetent und zuverlässig