Re: Secure Remote Application and OS Deployment?

* Chip Panarchy (forumanarchy@gmail.com) [16.03.09 06:46]:
> Hello
>
> Been doing a lot of research of late into the installation of Windows
> over a network (using the Unattended BootCD and a Network Share). Also
> a little into RIS (WDS).
>
> I am interested in how this could be done securely. To summarise what
> I would like to know, I have summarised it into the 2 questions below;

Why do have the impression that this is a homework...?

> 1. Is there a Secure way to Remotely install: Windows XP, Windows
> Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Linux (GNU way, so I
> can install the feature on any *nix) & Mac OS X, if so, how?

yes, for some Linux for sure.

> 2. Is there a Secure way to Remotely install applications (from a
> central repository) to the aforementioned Operating Systems, if so,
> how?

yes, for those who have a sane package manager.

> NOTE: If it isn't possible for some of the OSs, please tell me which,
> then please continue to answer how it will be possible for the others.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chip D. Panarchy

Sebastian

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER         mailto:samson@guenther-roetgen.de