Re: What to do about SSH brute force attempts?

> Assuming that your system is secured as well as can be, and that your
> question is not about how to fend off attacks but rather how to stop your
> attackers from being able to continue, isn't this the kind of thing that the
> police or other law enforcement agencies would normally investigate?

Yes, but could I really expect police to act "just because of a bunch of hosts
being under attack?" And even more so, could I expect any police of foreign
countries to react?

I thought there might be some kind of more Internet-affine association dealing
with such attacks, which would be able to handle this in a professional way (and
maybe then contact police themselves).

Best,
Michael