Re: blacklist.RSA-1024 missing?

* Vineet Kumar (vineet@doorstop.net) [080515 10:39]:
> I was able to find blacklist.RSA-1024 in Ubuntu's openssl-blacklist
> package, and (fortunately) found that my 1024-bit RSA keys are in fact
> not blacklisted.

I guess this is probably because those keys were generated before
openssl 0.9.8c-1.  So in the usual case of people always going with the
default key length, I suppose 1024-bit RSA keys are generally not
vulnerable.  Still, someone could have generated a 1024-bit RSA key with
a vulnerable openssl, and so IMHO the blacklist file ought to be
included and used anyway.

good times,
Vineet
--