Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1571-1] New openssl packages fix predictable random number generator

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > I agree it would be neat if someone with a powerful machine could
> > generate all possible keys. I don't know how long that would take
> > however...
>
> It's not so much a time issue, is a question of storage (or getting that
> data to the OpenSSH server).  A networked service would be feasible, but
> it would also allow some sort of traffic analysis.

I did mean putting a lot of brain grease on it.  Math might shorten the
need for a monstrous lookup table quite a bit, since randomness is not
an issue anymore.   Or it might not.  I am not qualified or skilled on
the math needed for such analysis to really know.

  Henrique Holschuh