Re: apt-get may accept inconsistent data

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:17:00PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Does it complain about the md5sum/size of the file?

No, it seems to be perfectly satisfied. No error message, exit
status 0.

> The Release file could have been regenerated for e.g. a contrib
> package without main changing. So the date does not neccesarily mean
> anything.

So there is no reason to be surprised if just Release and
Release.gpg where fetched and updated.

But the MD5SUM of the packages file is not listed in the Release
file (probably it was listed in some old version).

I tried 'Acquire::Pdiffs "false";' but that does not help.

If I remove proxy configuration from apt.conf, apt-get fetches
the new packages file. The problem probably does not occur if there
is no (squid) proxy, but apt-get should complain if anything goes
wrong for whatever reason.

--
Stefan Tichy   ( dlist at pi4tel dot de )