Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1681-1] New Linux 2.6.24 packages fix several vulnerabilities

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:38:30AM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> On 2008-12-13, Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org> wrote:

> >> Well, I don't think that's what I mean. High-severity fixes will
> >> release as soon as possible - likely simultaneously.
> >
> > Well, that is what I meant as well, but my English is apparently not
> > good enough to express it. I think there is a single fact that the
> > reader should get from this:
> >
> > Low severity fixes often wait until there is a need for a high-severity fix.
> >
> > Does that sound better?
>
> Not quite, in case of an emergency release such as the vmsplice issue (where
> the exploit was posted in the wild) the low severity issues will rather
> be postponed to a followup DSA.

I don't think my sentence implies that they never wait _even_ longer
than a high-severity fix. It just states they they wait.
Anyway, all I'm trying to achieve is make that FAQ entry easy to
understand for a non-native English speaker.

--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216