Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1681-1] New Linux 2.6.24 packages fix several vulnerabilities

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:38:28AM -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> Yes - 2.6.18 is in stable, and as such will be security supported for
> at least another year. Minor/local DoS security issues in the kernel
> are very frequent, so updated packages are constantly in
> preparation. Preparing kernel updates is resource intensive so, unless
> there's a severe issue, etch users should expect 2.6.18 and 2.6.24
> updates to be staggered.

Yup, that's pretty much what I expected to hear; thanks for confirming.

May I make a suggestion that you include a comment along these lines in
the advisory texts? It would help reassure users that things haven't been
forgotten about greatly.

Cheers,
Dominic.