Re: Creating my own personal Linux distribution for Penetration Testing and White-Hat Hacking

On Monday 08 December 2008 21:40, Tom Allison <tom@tacocat.net> wrote:
> Is there some means by which you can build a super set of packages as a
> package?  I think there is, but I'm not sure how it works.
>
> The idea would be to select a "Package" which would then select a large
> list of packages to install and others to make sure are removed and then
> move into a process of specialty configuration of those packages.

You can create a package that does nothing but depend on packages you want to
have installed, and possibly conflict with packages you want removed.

I suggest however that in such a case you have one package which handles the
conflicts and have the main meta-package recommend (not depend) on it.  Then
if someone really wants to have one of the undesired packages then they can
do it.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog