Re: large campus network ... sugestions

Hi Jonas,

I didn't explain well... L7 filtering is easily defeated by SSL-wrapping
any TCP-service on 443 port so you can install a SSL'rized SSH or Squid
server (for instance) on that port and use it to freely surf the net :)
Your firewall will only see aparently-legit SSL connections to an
aparently-legit destination port (443). Hacker win, admin loose :-)

I repeat it: I don't know of any solution able to defeat this and would
like to know if you have some idea to detect these more-or-less "advanced"
bypass cases.

Kind regards.

--

Saludos,
-Roman

PGP Fingerprint:
09BB EFCD 21ED 4E79 25FB  29E1 E47F 8A7D EAD5 6742
[Key ID: 0xEAD56742. Available at KeyServ]