Re: halted firewalls

Why not use something like Coyote firewall, it's a floppy-based firewall/router.  No hard drives required and you can set the floppy to write protect or remove it once you've written the configuration and started the box.  Maybe it's not quite what a halted system is, but seems like it's close and a lot less pain.  I ran one for a couple of years before I wanted fancy graphs and such and moved to a different package.

Jon