Re: denying mail relay + iptables rule

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 16:48:10 martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Felipe Figueiredo <philsf@ufrj.br> [2007.02.13.1837 +0000]:
> > I am currently using 0.6.1-7 from backports, is this the
> > deprecated version you meant?
>
> Yes, but if you go through the trouble of creating the rules, it
> won't be very hard to migrate. I can help you then.

correct me if I'm wrong, but the rule already exists for fail2ban 0.7.5, at
least in etch's package.

I found remnants of my earlier instalation attempt, namely the
file /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/postfix.conf.dpkg-new, which has the rule:

failregex = reject: RCPT from (.*)\[<HOST>\]: 554

where 554 is the error for "relay denied". I would also create a rule for
error 504, which I get a lot of.

It seems it would be better to install the last version from source, than to
learn the syntax of a deprecated version.

regards
FF