denying mail relay + iptables rule

Hello,

I get, on an almost daily basis, attempts of use of my mail server as a relay.
Since it (postfix) only accepts relay from authenticated clients (or from
local), these attempts are usually logged and denied.

I would like to take further measures and add the offender's ip to a
blacklist, in a similar way as fail2ban do to ssh, i.e., block access from it
temporarily.

Does anyone has a hint on how to do this, or if it's already implemented in
someway?

regards
FF